Saturday, May 29, 2010

PhotoHunt: Memorial

We have a nice memorial in the park next to the Surfside Library.  I thought it was perfect to use for this week's PhotoHunt and as a tribute for all those who have served their country!  It was a pretty windless day for the most part, but I was lucky enough to have a breeze come along just in time to unfurl the flags enough for me to get a picture! There is even a nice fountain in the middle of it all, and a seating wall so you can sit and soak it all in. 



8 comments:

  1. For some reason when I set this to post for tomorrow morning, it managed to post itself immediately instead, even though the date and time are for tomorrow. What's up with that, Blogger??

    Happy Memorial Day Weekend everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful! Thank you for posting that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice memorial you have there in Surfside. Excellent take on this weeks theme and thanks for dropping by my blog and I hope I see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shots! Enjoy your weekend!

    I'm a bit late, but here is my entry -

    Mariposa's PhotoHunt

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart cries for the bricks, rather each name on each brick. This is the first time I have seen a brick for each name.

    My reverence for this day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely memorial to remember such brave souls.

    ReplyDelete