Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Playing Tourist

I spent the morning running around town playing tourist today.  I wrote a lens for Squidoo about Surfside Beach, SC and needed to get some pictures to post in it. It was a beautiful day for it, with clear blue skies and a whole lot of shiny sun.  Of course it's November now, and the offseason, so some of these places are currently closed.  It was kind of nice to get around and pay attention to a lot of places that rarely register on my radar anymore.  I even got pictures of the Town Hall . It's a really small town, so it's actually kind of quaint. 


I'm going to have to start paying more attention to my environment.  So often I notice all the things that annoy me - the crowded stores, the traffic and people driving "like a tourist" because they have no idea where they are or where they're going.  Today gave me a nice chance to see with a different set of eyes, so to speak.  I liked it!  I should start getting out there and enjoying more of these great things that I take for granted.  And since I'm going to be participating in the Saturday weekly PhotoHunt, I'll have to be sure to keep my camera with me! I seriously need to work on my photography skills.  This will be a fun way to do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment