Friday, January 1, 2010

They Have Voice Recognition Software - How About Thought Recognition?

I've been thinking for some time now that I need to get one of those little Digital Voice Recorders to carry around with me so I can record blog ideas as I have them.  Sometimes I'm able to get a piece of paper and a pen to scribble the topic down, but it would be so much easier if I could just record it on a little dictation thing like the doctors use! Then I could use it even when I'm exercising or doing something where I can't write it down.  Plus with a voice recorder I could just say everything I'm thinking instead of just jotting down a couple words. Usually when I'm thinking of something and thinking about blogging about it, my thoughts start stringing together as if I were already writing the blog in my mind.  And sometimes it's really good stuff - I can be witty and charming and funny. (No, really!) But when I actually get on my laptop to try to write it, there's just nothing there.  It's like the sight of the blank screen gives me instant writer's block.  The plan is that by having the DVR I can just think out loud and then when I get time to write the blog I've got it all right there!  I figure at least having some of it in the original spontaneous format might jog my creativity once I'm actually writing the blog post.  Could be wishful thinking though.  I'm good at that. 

But then I started thinking about how most of my great ideas come to me as I'm drifting off to sleep or am in serious daydream-mode.  Technically I could still use the DVR, but I'm sure if I kept jabbering into the machine at night (I wake up a lot during the night) my DH wouldn't be too pleased.  That's when I decided someone needs to develop a Thought Recognition Recorder!  I could just hook myself up and slip off into sleep and all the thoughts that run rampant through my mind would be recorded all on their own.  So when morning comes I can just review everything and type out the good stuff.  Wouldn't that be awesome?  Granted, my thoughts are often jumbled and even more often jump track halfway through onto another thought, but I'm sure I could sort through it.  If nothing else, I'm sure transcribing it all verbatim would be hilarious on its own, like some sort of wonky Mad Libs.




Photo found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment