Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is the very last day of 2009.  It's also my birthday!  I'm now officially 32 years old.  Yeehaw! I like to say that the entire country celebrates my birthday with fireworks displays.  Did this year pass in a blur, or is it just me? In fact the whole decade seemed to whiz by awfully quickly.  2010 will probably go by in the blink of an eye.  Everyone out there seems to be making lists of resolutions for the new year, but I haven't. I've never been one to set resolutions, probably because I know I probably won't keep them.  It's like calling it a New Year's Resolution jinxes all your good intentions and you're destined to fail.  Sometimes I do take stock of my life and realize some things I need to change or improve upon.  But I think of it more as starting a new year of my life because I'm officially a year older, not just because the calendar is changing.  I guess it's not really any different.  I ought to be making a resolution to get back in shape.  I did really well in 2008 and lost 17 pounds and was doing so well.  Then I started getting lazy and that snowballed until I stopped exercising and eating well and eventually gained back all that weight over the year of 2009.  *scowl*  But I'd rather be a few pounds overweight than give up dessert!  That being said, here's the birthday cake I wish I could have:


This beauty was made by Charm City Cakes - of Ace of Cakes fame.  Isn't it awesome? 

If you're going to be out celebrating tonight, please be careful.  Have fun and stay safe so you can start the new year off right.  I hope you all have a very Happy New Year!

First photo found here.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Happy Birthday! That's an awesome cake. I only have cupcakes on hand, but I shall eat one (or several) in your honor.

    Here's to a happy and cake-filled New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! I'm no good with resolutions either, especially the ones involveing weight control. Just like you, I get all gung-ho for a while, do great, then get all cocky and start eating bad again. Sigh.

    Hope 2010 is a banner year for us both!

    ReplyDelete