Sunday, December 13, 2009

Shouldn't Peanut Brittle Contain Peanuts?

I was craving peanut brittle for a while and finally decided to find some.  It was not as easy to find as I'd thought it would be.  I remember when I was a younger you used to be able to get it all the time.  I don't actually remember WHERE we bought it, but it wasn't hard to find.  And yet here I am in full craving mode, and I can't find any!  I eventually discovered some in the bakery section at Walmart.  It didn't look very impressive at all, but it was the only peanut brittle I could find.  What is it about cravings getting more adamant when you can't find the thing you are craving?!  So I bought this small package (11 ounces for $3), despite the fact that it has no peanuts!  I think the whole package has a whopping dozen peanuts in it.  You may think I'm exaggerating.  But I'm not!  Behold the proof:

This is what peanut brittle should look like:











And this is what my Walmart peanut brittle looks like:




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Can you see the sad, sad, difference?  My poor, pitiful peanut brittle.  :(
 
First photo found here.

5 comments:

  1. Good grief! It's just brittle! I'm sure you were so disappointed, and frankly, I consider asking for my money back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing and pointing at your "peanut" brittle! It's so pathetic. Did it at least taste good? Despite the sad lack of peanuts? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy - It's actually so hard it makes my TEETH feel brittle. Without the peanuts to break it up you can't actually bite into it.

    JD - It did taste good, but was hard to eat. But I guess expected nice peanut brittle from Walmart was expecting too much. They obviously had a RollBack on peanuts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is pathetic. It's just Brittle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, that's some sad looking peanut brittle!

    I once wrote a letter to some instant pizza folks because the many-topping pizza picture on the box did NOT look like what was inside. One sorry green pepper and an eighth of a pepperoni circle. grr.

    ReplyDelete