Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Ornaments

I love to make Christmas ornaments!  Actually, most of the time I spend hours and hours looking for new ideas and instructions for making ornaments, and never get around to actually making them.  But I have managed to make a few, and I love them.  Some of my favorites are just super easy polymer clay ornaments made with Sculpey clay and cookie cutters!  You can marble different colors together like the angels in the photo, or you can use acrylic paint to decorate them.  I also like to use Sharpie markers to decorate them too.  The red star ornaments were painted with red acrylic paint and accented with silver Sharpie.  I wrote a lens for Squidoo on how to make them.  You can check it out here.  These are great ornaments for kids to make too since they are so easy.  And of course if you have more time and artistic ability, you can make polymer clay ornaments as fancy as you want! 

My parents still have many of the homemade ornaments my brothers and I made when we were kids. Most of them are made from construction paper, so I'm not sure how well they're holding up.  I'm going to have to get some pictures of those when I go see my parents this week!  Maybe I'll even recreate some of them.  I think that would be fun, and it would be nice to be able to make the memories last just a little bit longer for the ones that are on their last leg. 



MckLinky Blog Hop

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty ornaments. I will have to check out your squidoo page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made Shrinky Dink ornaments as a kid! I guess I don't know if they even exist anymore....

    ReplyDelete