Thursday, December 17, 2009

Favorite Fun Christmas Songs!


I'm one of those crazy people who loves to listen to all that Christmas music around the holidays.  We have a radio station here in Myrtle Beach that plays nothing but Christmas music starting the day after Thanksgiving and all the way through Christmas Day.  I love it because since they play so much of it, they get to play all kinds of obscure versions you would rarely hear otherwise.  I never hear the Waitresses singing "Christmas Wrapping" on any other radio station!  Or Jimmy Eat World's version of "Last Christmas".  There are some songs that I just have to hear every single year because they make me smile and are just kind of silly or fun and make me feel like a kid again.  Here are a few of my favorites!

Percy the Puny Poinsettia (click the play button at the top right of the screen) 

I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas

Christmas Wrapping

Dominick The Donkey (The Italian Christmas Donkey)

Mele Kalikimaka

And pretty much anything by Bob Rivers, the Weird Al of Christmas music.  I particularly love the "I Am Santa Claus" song that parodies Black Sabbath's "Iron Man".

I Am Santa Claus (LP Version)

The Twelve Pains Of Christmas (LP Version)

Didn't I Get This Last Year (LP Version)

Bells found here.

3 comments:

  1. Someone showed me http://www.accuradio.com/holidays/ , which has all sorts of Christmas genre channels. He had a different interface, though, which checkboxes for each genre, which I can't seem to find.

    Anyway, wave your mouse over each channel's image, and it tells you what they play.

    I will have to send "I Am Santa Claus" to my darling wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvin - Oh, WOW! That looks so cool. I'm going to have to get that playing. Thanks for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a similar radio station that starts playing christmas music way too early. If I hear Annie Lenox and Winter Wonderland one more time I will scream. I used to like the song but they play it every three songs.

    ReplyDelete