Saturday, February 13, 2010

PhotoHunt: Broken

This is what happened to a friend's door after she went out of town to visit friends and family one weekend.  One of her (possibly crazy) neighbors called the police and told them she thought my friend was going to harm herself.  Nobody had any clue what made the neighbor come to that conclusion. They must have been hitting the sauce pretty hard that weekend!

Notice the crappy patch job the police did to repair the door after they realized nobody was home. I guess it was too much to ask for them to open the storm door before battering in her front door. Needless to say, the police in her town are a little too gung-ho and get a little stupid when the power of their positions goes to their head.  They could have at least cleaned up the glass.  Morons.





9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness -- did they at least offer to PAY for the damage? Hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. . . unidentified neighbor says you're going to harm yourself huh? Let's stick to that story. Great take on the theme this week.

    Scott at World’s Best Photography Blog ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems to me that the "unidentified neighbour" should pay for the damage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Idiots. Aren't they supposed to see if they can come up with a key first?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they did pay for a new door, but I'm not positive. I know my husband and one of the friend's not-crazy neighbors helped repair the damage. They bought a new door but also had to make some major adaptions to the door frame to make it fit properly.

    I can understand that they had to at least check out the caller's claims, if for no other reason than to not be held liable if something WAS amiss. But really? What if it had been some stupid prank call? It may have been for all I know. None of the neighbors ever confessed to making the call, and the police would not divulge the name of the caller.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW. Unbelievable! Are police the same everywhere, or do we live near each other?? lol.

    I'm late in visiting everyone for Photo Hunters, but better late than never! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, those battering rams ARE a lot of fun. It's easy just to get carried away. (shrug) ;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is amazing. No one ever confessed to making the call? I wonder why? Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete